Friday, September 29, 2006

Cleaning up

I am one of the most disorganized people in the world, I swear. My bedroom usually is covered by a couple feet of stuff. I end up having to spend an entire day to tidy it up. The funny thing is that sometimes I think my life plays with my room. This is what I mean.
My room is not the only place that I am disorganized. I get behind on my schol work, I forget to do things for my worship team, I leave things I need at home when I am out. I find however that when my room is clean all these other things fall into place. It is easier to get my work done, and I remember things better.
I think it's like my relationship with God. When it's cleaned-up it all seems so much easier, then when their is a mess. Because sin just gets in the way, is meeses the place up. Gossiping on the table, laziness on the floor, resentfulness on the back off the chair. It gets to a point where I can't even get to the bed, the place of rest and peace where God is sitting waiting to have a conversation. And if I can't make it their the conversations end up simply being a raised voice trying to cover the distance.
Cleaning my room as actually become a type of worship to me. Because as I work alone, with my music tuned up, God comes and keeps me company. As I pick the dirk clothes off the floor, He takes the resent of the back of the chair, when I put my books away on to the selves, He clears the gossip of the table. We end up being a pretty good team.
Speaking of which maybe my room is in need of a little cleaning.
try and find your own way to clear out the mess. Because it's at the heart of LIFE.

No comments: