Wednesday, July 09, 2008

I will not be getting in a habit of one a day, but I have a little time and alot to share.
Today I went out on the great reef barrier, the 7th wonder of the world. And now I know why it is considered a wonder. I got suited in a wet suit with snorkel gear and stuff and sliped out the back of a boat into thousands of miles of water. As I got acustom to the different breathing style a very large and very colorful fish swam by about 2 yards away from me. Then I got into it. I was one of the first people off the boat at both stops and I was among the last to reboard. I loved it. I daw thousands of fish small and large, some yellow, some red and some a brillant blue. The ocean was captivating.
I watch coral move and flex as fish nibbled and the currant moved, I watch other coral reflex itself shut for protection. It was beautiful. it was an experience that I could never put down into words.
I experienced God in a new and stunning way today, but in a very simple manor; by watching.
I watched fish swim and eat and hide and move, I watched coral change color, move and stay still, and and watched people getting excited at the beauty of it all. Sometimes I had to watch one fish for a really long time before I could get the picture I wanted, but patience will bring about the desires of my heart. I have alot of pictures of sand, cuz the fish swam away, but perserverance will make me a better follower of Christ.
Stop. just watch. You might see something that you never saw before. You don't always need to be acting in order to learn and grow, sometimes you just need to watch.
On the boat ride home I found myself up on top of the boat with miles of ocean on every side thinking of the beautiful world that God has created for us. Right as I was about to sing God of wonders, I saw a whale. I do not remember that last time I got so excited. And again all I had to do was watch.
So stop, wait, and watch. God has something to show you, sometimes it is spetacular, and sometimes it is simple, but it will always be beautiful when you expereience God.
Waiting and watching patiently and with perserverance; that is at the heart of worship.

No comments: