Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The Little Crab that Really Could

Good Day,
I know I haven't blogged in a while, but today I have something special. I am writting to you from Cairns Australia. I with 7 of my friends decided to come here to World Youth Day together.
Three years ago I decided to have no money so that I could afford this trip, and now the experience begins. For those of you how don't know WYD is the largest gathering of youth in the world. Mostly catholic young people from around the world come together to learn, to grow, to experience, to share and to worship. In about a week we will all come together from different areas of the country in Sydney, where we will be joined by Pope Benedict 16th. I am totally excited.
So far we have been here for 3 days and we have already experienced so much. After 48 hours of travelling we made it.
I think now of how incredible our God is. I am amazed at the beautiful and perfection of His creation. He has made everything work together in such a beautiful and self preserving way. I have now seen the rainforest, the oldest in the world, in three different ways. We walked through it during the day learning about these ancient trees that are sometimes not much taller then me. Then we went through it at night, hearing and seeing some of the most interesting animals. Then I flew through the top canopy looking down at the rainforest floor on a zip line.
Then I swam in a little fresh water hole in the middle of the forest, a little oasis.
All this got me thinking of how God's planning is so detailed and intricate. There is a little crab that lives in the rain forrest and this little species is responsible for the greatest eco systyem in the world. These little guys dig mini holes in the ground which is mostly mud, very thick mud. These holes allow the roots of the trees to breath much needed oxingin that they need to survive. Then the tree in trun hold the ground together stabilizing the earth to its best ability. The plants and trees that grow take in water and purify it. The water then flows into the ocean, has crystal clean water, which then helps thousands of organisms to grow and live. The eco system created and sustained by these little crabs, is the Great Barrier Reef.
It is incredibule that God put a little crab in charge of so much. And He does the same with us. Sometimes we feel small, and unable, and then God comes in and gives us a job that we think is to large for us to handle. However if we start the work, He strengthen us, like the trees, He guides us, like the ground guides the water, He protects us, like the plants purify the water, and he makes us shine, just liek the Barrier Reef.
Let us be willing to begin the task that are so much bigger than us and trust that God will make it all fall into place.
It is beautiful here, and I am loving every second. And mom don't worry the guide wouldn't let me jump out of the boat to restle the crocodile.
Take the challenges God gives you, no matter how big they may seem, just like that little crab; that is at the heart of our worship.

No comments: